Fully stocked with healthy fats, clean protein and fiber are some of the best words to describe correctly made coconut biscuits. No matter your taste, there will always be something to tease your taste buds. Here are some of the coconut biscuit recipes you must try out this season.
(a) The Desiccated Coconut Biscuit recipe
These coconut biscuits are super delicious and are mostly served with tea in Australia. You’ll most certainly fall in love with the rich nutty flavor of this wholesome biscuit.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: Approximately 15 minutes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 300g baking flour
- 220g sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter
- ¼ extra desiccated coconut
- 50g extra sugar
- Set aside your sifted baking powder and flour
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Beat your sugar and butter together with an electric mixer until the mix is light and fluffy
- Beat the eggs one at a time until they are well combined. Then stir the flour you sifted and the coconut
- Roll the mixture into balls and then press one side firmly to make it flat
- Bake them for about 12 minutes each until you notice slight browning
- The oven temperatures are only given as a guide. You might be prompted to add or reduce depending on the type of oven you are using.
- Measure your desiccated coconut in cups because brands differ.
- Get a little creative and have you some nutmeg in your recipe.
(b) Eggless Coconut Biscuit Recipe
Nothing could be easier to bake than the mouth-watering eggless coconut biscuit. Do you know what the best part is? You can make them with Atta meaning you don’t need to get any fancy flour. You’ll only need a few ingredients and end up with the most delicious biscuits your mouth has ever known.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¾ grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grab a large bowl and place a filter over it to sift the dry ingredients
- Sift ingredients together
- Beat the melted butter and powdered sugar in a bowl until creamy
- Add your vanilla extract in the mixture followed by the coconut and mix well
- Add the sifted ingredients and mix them using a spatula
- Knead into a dough and keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- Line a baking tray and divide the dough into 22 equal portions. Flatten each ball to give a biscuit shape using your palms and place them on the tray.
- Preheat the oven and bake at 350F for about 15 minutes
- The butter must be at room temperature
(c) Vegan Coconut Biscuit Recipe
Made of a light, nutty, rich and creamy nature, this pure bliss vegan biscuit is the star of the show. What’s not to love about this super-rich addictive snack!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Baking: 12 minutes
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons soy milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and ¼ cups flour
- Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees Celsius
- Grab your baking tray and align it with parchment paper
- Put your dry ingredients including shredded coconut in a bowl, coconut extract, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl and mix them well
- Add butter and mix quickly it does not get too warm
- Scoop the mixture into your hands and mould it into a flat circle
- The biscuits should be baked for about 15 minutes or until you notice brown formations around the edges.
- Allow the biscuits to cool for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack
- Store them in an airtight container and keep them away in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Never use a rolling pin to flatten the dough
- The butter must be cold
- Brush the top with butter for a crusty feel
The Bottom Line
Insanely delicious, easy to make, readily available ingredients, super crispy and crunchy and well balanced are some of the fancy phrases that make coconut biscuits the best breakfast partner in the whole world. Why not soak yourself into these recipes and brighten your day?